Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
Department of Education & Training
Federal Department of Education, Skills and Employment Australia
Federal Government department that administers the Childcare Subsidy and contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity and social wellbeing by creating opportunities and driving better outcomes through access to quality education and learning.
Multicultural Resource Centre (FKA)
Royal Children’s Hospital – Melbourne
Services Australia (Centrelink)
StartingBlocks.gov.au is brought to you by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and aims to provide you and your family with trusted information, all in one place.
- Starting early childhood education and care is often a child’s first experience outside of their family environment. It can be an emotional time for everyone involved. This fact sheet offers tips on how families support their children during the settling in period.
- Illness in early learning services – It can be difficult for families to know when their child is sick enough to need to stay at home.
- The importance of play in children’s learning and development – this factsheet explains why learning through play is one of the most important ways children learn and develop.
- Supporting children during transitions – Tips to help families support their child if they are transitioning to a new group, room or service.
- Transition to school – Starting school is a major event in the lives of children and their families. Preparing children for this change sets them up for future successful learning and development, particularly if children have not had experience in an early education and care service. This fact sheet offers parents and carers tips on how to support children in their transition to school.