Grimshaw St ELC is open for 52 weeks of the year, Monday to Friday from 6.30am to 6.30pm, except public holidays.
Our service operates using a daily fee – please contact us for current fee information. Please check out our guide to understanding childcare fee statements to best understand how this works in line with the Childcare Subsidy.
The Centre’s daily fee is subject to reduction by the childcare subsidy and is inclusive of:
- Meals each day that are offered with a commitment to healthy, seasonal, high quality produce for inclusion by our qualified chefs in our centre menu. Click here to view our Seasonal Menu.
- Additional programs on offer at the centre that are delivered by qualified staff such as Playground to Plate® Garden Classes, Art Classes, Cooking Classes, Incursions & Excursions
- Nappies, Wipes, Sunblock and Bedding Linens
What sets Grimshaw St ELC apart from other services?
- We engage a specialised pedagogical consultant that supports our service to deliver our learning and inquiry program, curriculum outcomes and key aspects of the Quality Areas as prescribed by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Our commitment to our staff – we understand the value that our teaching teams bring in our vision to offer the highest quality care for children in our ECEC setting.
- We offer our educators and teaching teams permanent full/part time employment with requisite access to personal/annual leave to support each team member’s mental health and wellbeing
- Permanent employment contracts mean that our team can form meaningful and trusted bonds with enrolled children and the children in our care can experience continuity with their primary educators and teachers.
- We invest in the ongoing professional development of our teaching teams.
- We invest in qualified, specialist teachers that deliver our additional (and inclusive) programs, such as qualified horticulturalists to deliver our Playground to Plate® program and qualified Art Teachers to deliver our Art Programs.
- We roster teaching teams above the mandated ratio requirements so that educator breaks and absences can be covered comfortably with minimal disruption to the children and the program in each room, each day.
- We do not engage agency staff on a casual basis, no matter the circumstances. We are able to lean on the investment we make in qualified head office staff that can work in-centre during times where additional support is required.
Meaningful benefits we offer our Educators and Teaching Teams:
- Negotiation of above-award wages to recognise individual commitment to professional development and relevant qualifications, attitude and positive contribution to the children in their care and the colleagues they work with each day
- Investment in ongoing professional development to develop our teaching teams for ongoing job satisfaction and career development.
- Well being stations to relax and enjoy a rest in a dedicated space in-centre during breaks.
- Fully stocked pantry in our teacher’s lounge to ensure all our staff have access to healthy meals and snacks to assist with cost-of-living pressures.
- Bathrooms stocked with personal hygiene items to assist staff with cost-of-living pressures.
- Full subscription to the CALM App to support teaching teams with their ongoing mental fitness and well being journeys.
- Access to our employee access program if staff are experiencing personal challenges outside work hours.